Also known as Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
It refers to local irritation and swelling of Iliotibial Band of the knee. Iliotibial band is a long piece of structure that runs along the outside of your leg from the hip to the knee and shinbone.
Many conditions can mimic Runner’s/ Cyclist’s Knee such as meniscus injury, patellofemoral pain and sciatica. Therefore, a detailed examination is important to find the root cause of problem.
- Sudden increase in training load in running and cycling
- Weak hip muscles
- Significant flat feet
- Knee pain on the outside of the knee
- Knee pain worse after repetitive knee bending motions such as during running and cycling
- Clicking in the knee
- Comprehensive head-to-toe assessment to find out the causes of your discomfort and all related contributing factors
- 100% Hands-on treatment to address any mobility issues related to nerves, muscles and joints.
- A knee brace may be prescribed to help support the joint and reduce pain
- An individualized home exercise program is prescribed to enable self-management
Generally, the longer you have had the injury, the longer it will take to recover. Most of the time, you may assume things will get better by themselves with enough rest. But this is rarely the case, especially if your pain or other symptoms are stopping you from doing what you normally able to do. So, take action and get back doing what you love as soon as possible.