also known as Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
What are the common causes?
- Teeth grinding habit especially when sleeping
- Holding mouth open for prolonged periods of time such as dental procedure
- Unbalance use of jaw such as always chew on one side
- Trauma such as a strong hit to the chin during a tackle
What are the main symptoms?
- Pain over jaw joint
- Locked Jaw
- Clicky or Popping Jaw
- Headache and neck pain
How can we help?
- Comprehensive head-to-toe assessment to find out the causes of your discomfort and all related contributing factors
- Advice and education on proper chewing habits and stress relief strategies
- 100% Hands-on treatment to help address any mobility issues related to nerves, muscles and joints
- An individualized home exercise program is prescribed to enable self-management
What happens if you leave it untreated?
Generally, the longer you have had the injury, the longer it will take to recover. Most of the time, you may assume things will get better by themselves with enough rest. But this is rarely the case, especially if your pain or other symptoms are stopping you from doing what you normally able to do. So, take action and get back doing what you love as soon as possible.